As a Beyond the Dog trainer, you will join a team consisting of a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, and Certified Professional Dog Trainers.
New employees work closely with a Training Mentor, visiting dogs and clients in their home to conduct training on a variety of behaviors from standard obedience to aggression. In addition, trainers house dogs and train them in our Board and Train program. Once fully trained in our system, you will work independently on a flexible schedule, seeing an average of 25 appointments per week, including some evenings and weekends. We would prefer candidates to be available for a Tues-Sat schedule. Applicants will need to have a reliable mode of transportation and live in a home with no more than one roommate and conducive to the housing between 1-3 dogs for Board and Train or Boarding.
Trainers are compensated on a tiered system with guaranteed starting salary and tremendous earning potential based on acquiring related skillsets. Our pay structure also includes the potential for monthly incentive pay. Compensation for trainers who have met the criteria set forth (typically 6 month period) ranges from $45,000 to $60,000. Advancement opportunities beyond the pay range are available as Beyond the Dog expands to other market areas.
Salary: $55,000 – $75,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description:
Beyond the Dog is currently seeking a full-time employee with a behavioral or science-based background to join our team! We service clients and their dogs in the greater Austin area and beyond, addressing a variety of behavioral concerns.
**Resumes/applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Blow us away – explain why you want to be part of the Beyond the Dog team!**
• Responsible for the daily training of dogs (and sometimes cats, birds, etc.) through various training programs at the client’s location.
• Work flexible hours on a Tuesday – Saturday schedule.
• Selectively board / board and train current and previous client’s dogs.
• Work closely with a team consisting of a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, and Certified Professional Dog Trainers.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong interest in and some experience working with animals, but do not need experience serving as a dog trainer.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge effective relationships with clients to facilitate learning.
• Ability to react quickly and positively to feedback and constructive criticism.
• Written and verbal communication skills which will allow accurate record keeping and reinforce training.
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure and keep to a schedule throughout the day as you transition from case to case.
• Have a reliable mode of transportation and be available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings.
• Be willing to work a Tuesday – Saturday work schedule.
• Reside in a home with no more than one roommate and be available to house dogs as needed for Boarding or Board and Train.
• Computer skills required to create and manage training checklists, manage schedule, correspond with clients via email and track sessions/hours for payroll
• This is a demanding and challenging profession. We are seeking someone that is highly driven to expand their knowledge of animal behavior, establish professional relationships and do what it takes to make animal training a career!
• Beyond the Dog is a dynamic and growing company. The perfect candidate will be motivated to help us grow in Austin and to other cities – there is significant potential for advancement within 2-3 years.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Vision insurance
• Bonus pay
• Work Location: Multiple locations
• Work Remotely: No
Job Application Form: